Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sail Away

I was scoping out some of my favorite challenge sites and found a couple that I decided to combine. The first challenge is from Embellish blog. It was a nautical color trends challenge. Not only is the challenge about using nautical colors (blues, reds, white/cream), but also including some kind of nautical elements. This was a bit of a challenge for me since I have no stamp sets that are nautical in nature. I decided instead to make my own little sail boat using punches.


I figured I could kill two birds with one stone, since the Pals Paper Arts blog had a color challenge that was very similar. Their challenge was to use Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, and Bashful Blue to create a project for their chase the summer blues away challenge.

I am super proud of this card, as it looks like a professional maybe would have made it and not just little old me. I am really bad at making "manly cards," but I feel like this could be used for a little boy birthday or baby shower (I have plenty of little boys being born soon in my family, especially my nephew who I can't wait to meet.)



Goodies
(All Supplies are from Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Short & Sweet
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy DSP
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: 1 3/4" circle punch, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Petite Pennants Builder punch, White gel pen, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Very cute baby card. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you be willing to share the meaasurements of the card ? and the background DSP measurements?
    Thanks so much --such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete