Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Embellish Patterned Paper Color Trends Challenge

I'm participating in another Embellish Magazine challenge this week. I've done the last two and I really like that not only do they give you a color selection, but also a trend challenge. This week's trend challenge was all about patterned paper.


I liked the idea of using up some of the packs of patterned paper (designer paper) I had lying around the house, but what I found challenging about this was not really having lots of patterned paper that fit the color selection. I found a mini patterned paper pack and an old sketch I had on my design table and away I went.


Season of Joy, Stampin' Up, Christmas card

I am not the kind of person who gets all their Christmas cards done in the summer, so this stamp set pick was a little out of the ordinary. I do love Season of Joy though. It is by far one of my favorite winter stamp sets from Stampin' Up. I also turned up the scallop edge using the side of my paper piercing tool. I think it looks a little like those cute ruffled undies.

Goodies
(All products are Stampin' Up)

Paper: DSP Mini Pack, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Season of Joy
Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Satin ribbon, Glue dots, Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty! I'm glad to hear you like the challenges with the trend! Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete