Friday, July 22, 2011

Delicate Doillies Friend Card

I haven't had much chance to play around with some of my new stamp sets from the new 2011-2012 Stampin' Up catalogue. This was my first opportunity to play with the new Delicate Doillies stamp set.

I've been into vintagey things lately and this is right my ally. I played along with Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch #126 over at The Sweetest Thing. I really like her sketches. She has a way of making the layout simple, but detailed. I know that doesn't make much sense, but one thing is for sure. I love to use her layouts when making cards. Here's the sketch I was working with.


I used a color sheme from another favorite website called Design Seeds. The color inspiration used colors like More Mustard, Tempting Turquoise, and the very new, very cool Indigo Island. I also used Crumb Cake for the base of the card.


Stampin' Up, Delicate Doillies, You're a Gem

So here's my little beauty...I thinks I'm in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment