Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kitchen Decor on the Cheap

On my last visit to JoAnn's fabric store I found some large wood letters on clearance for 97 cents a piece. I was just going to pick up a letter K, since I have begun collecting them (I am Mrs. K of course), but I noticed an E and a T. I figured I would be able to spell out EAT if I could find an A, but them seemed to be all sold out. When I thought all hope was lost, I looked another letter and there it was...a beautiful letter A.

silver painted kitchen letters,typography

I brought them home and tried painting them with regular silver acrylic paint, but it didn't work too well. So I picked up a can of Krylon silver spray paint. It worked beautifully and I hung the letters up between our dining and living rooms. I like it and it was only about $6 including the spray paint and letters. Now what to do with that letter K?


No comments:

Post a Comment