Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cupcakes for Gary

It was my father-in-law's, Gary, birthday this last weekend and I decided to whip up some cupcakes for him. I'm getting better I tell you. Since Gary doesn't like anything too fancy or weird, unless he is the one making it, I decided to do a plain chocolate cupcake. This special part was the frosting. I made a Nutella fluffy buttercream. It was delish! I could have downed the entire bag of frosting. It was smooth and creamy, almost like a dream in a bag.


For those of you that don't know, Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread that many Europeans use instead of peanut butter. If you've never tried it, you are missing out. I'm not a big fan of hazelnut, but this stuff will rock your socks.

The cupcakes were good, but not great. They were tasty, but the cupcake part ended up drying out a bit. Boo! I guess that means I'm on the hunt for a new (more moist) chocolate cupcake recipe. The hunt begins! The frosting recipe though, is a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment