Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baby Shower Gift & Card

This weekend my sister and I will be attending the baby shower of our cousin Alicia. This is her first child and my sister and I were excited about creating a gift together. I am a huge fan of theme baskets. I personally think it makes gift giving and buying easy. Not only that, but we wanted to create something that was useful and not necessarily just on a registery.

Since I know nothing about babies or baby stuff, I looked to my sister for guidance. She suggested a laundry basket since we all know babies are messy. Now for a cute little name for our basket. Fortunately, we borrowed the name of a Stampin' Up stamp set...Loads of Love. Cute, right?

baby shower gift basket

baby shower gift basket

The contents of our basket includes: All detergent (Free & Clear), package of washcloths, lingerie bag (for little people socks and such), baby hangers, Tide To-Go pen, Clorox pen for colors, Clorox Bleach pen, baby burp rags (made by me), a cute 0-3 month outfit (which end up in the laundry for sure), Wet Ones travel pack, Tide Sink Travel Packets, and a little flannel blanket for tummy time. We put all this in a basket we found at Hobby Lobby.

Stampin Up, Fox & Friends, gift tag

Here is the tag I secured to the basket. It was created with scraps of Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, and Early Espresso cardstock. It is the first time I used my sewing machine to sew paper. I love it already and I think I'm addicted. I attached a cute little lion from the Fox & Friends set.

All in the Family

Last, but certainly not least is the mini card I made. I like mini cards because then you don't feel like you have to write a novel inside the card. I am a little bit obsessed with this layout. (I used it on my last baby card...with the boat.) The little baby is from the All in the Family stamp set. I used Honeydew baker's twine from the Twinery.

Can't wait to give this to Alicia and Craig and see what they think. I hope they like it as much as I do. Makes me want to have a baby...well, maybe not!

5 comments:

  1. what a great gift basket...
    I am inviting you to add your card to our gallery at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great weekend,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Maggie for the invite. I am excited to check out your site and I am honored to be asked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gift was wonderful! So thankful that both Amanda and Lindsay were able to come to share the wonderful day with us....
    Extra special with the extra love and thought that went into it..
    Thanks! Grandma of baby boy Learman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best gifts and cards! Wraps and colors used are also eye catching. My friend's bridal shower also went very well. Her idea of hiring one of the best event space Atlanta was quiet surprising. Dinner and desserts were of high quality. Interior décor and entrance was nice. Also all the guests were given warm welcome with bouquets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A business has posted a spam comment to this blog post. The link in the comment goes to a website that submits over 100 comments per day to blogspot sites with a link to their site as an opportunity to make their site look more popular to search engines like google. If you read the comment and look at the link they inserted, you will notice it is not helpful to your readers and it doesn't even make sense to be linked other than for their own business needs. If you would like to mark it as spam to prevent them from using you, follow the instructions here: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/187141?hl=en

    ReplyDelete