Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy 30th Nick

Today is my hubby's 30th birthday. I believe that birthdays shouldn't be forgotten or glanced at as "just another day," but celebrated and enjoyed. Approaching 30 is scary and I will be doing it in September so you can hear more about my feelings about turning 30 then.

My husband, Nick, has been a part of my life since I was 17. It is both scary and funny to think that we have known each other for so long. Anyone who knows Nick well, knows that he is quietish, has a smart (most of the time pretty darn funny) comment for everything, and is mostly a car guy. We argue a lot, but I think that's what makes us... well us. I love him very much and I am glad that he has been a part of so many of my almost 30 years.

Enough mushiness...here's the card I put together for Nick. I cased it from Tessa Wise, as she is a brilliant card creator. She has an eye for layout and I love her simplistic style.



If you've been reading my past blogs entries, then you are well aware of my cupcake love and obsession. For Nick's birthday I am making Carrot Cake cupcakes with a Maple Cream Cheese frosting. These are to die for and one of the definate cupcakes to make it on my must-have list for the someday cupcake shop. He loves carrot cake, so these are an easy choice! I hope my hunny has the best birthday ever! Mwah! I love you Nicky!


No comments:

Post a Comment