Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Mini Minneapolis Adventure

My mini adventure to Minneapolis with my friend Michelle was a blast. The four hour car ride...not so much! I don't have many pictures to share because surprisingly I didn't take that many.

Before I can show you any pictures I must explain why I'm not in most of them, but a little gnome is. Last summer my dad and I traveled to Europe to go to a wedding and then travel around a bit. I planned to buy a little Travelocity gnome to document our travels to famous places. My sister beat me to the punch. At first I hated the little gnome because I didn't think he was as cute as the one I would have purchased, but now I'm glad that this ugly little guy is traveling around the world with me.


Mr. Gnome is a bit fuzzy because I wanted the "Welcome to Minnesota" sign to be clear.


We went to the Mall of America because we couldn't check into our hotel until later in the day. First on our list of things to do was get something to eat. We stopped by the Rainforest Cafe. Mr. Gnome took a photo opportunity as we waited. See him there on the rocks. Our waiter/bartender was super nice, but found it interesting while asking the story of the gnome that I had visited Europe before Minnesota. I'm glad I gave him a giggle.








On day 2 we took the train into the city. This was the best shot I could get while in the train. Minneapolis was a beautiful and very friendly city. Everyone was Minnesota nice!



Michelle and I on the train. We are preparing ourselves for lots of train travel next summer in Europe.

This photo was taken for a collegue of ours who makes fun of Michelle for being from Minnesota. He makes fun of her and says that they all say "eh?" I thought that was the Fonz...and he was from Milwaukee.

I really liked this picture because you could see the reflection of other cool buildings in this building.


Mr. Gnome posing with the cityscape in the background. This little picture has yet another story. As I bent down to take this photo, I gashed my knee on the metal base of the lightpost. I started gushing blood. Michelle said I was fine as long as it wasn't dripping down my leg. My statement from then on was, "Minneapolis chewed me up and sit me out."

No comments:

Post a Comment