Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August Card Workshop

Well it's August and not only am I gearing up for school to start, I'm gearing up for my monthly Stampin' Up workshops. I decided to do something different this year when it came to my club.

I have always relied heavily on the seasons/holidays to drive my card designs. This year, I realized that I needed to have a different focus. I decided to design my months around different themes. Most of these themes have something to do with maximizing your products. We all know that stamping and scrapbooking are not inexpensive hobbies. Why shouldn't we do our best to save as much money as possible and use our products as effectively as possible.

Thiis month I took one stamp set, Delicate Doilies, and used it three ways on three different cards. If we are going to spend the money on stamp sets, we should know how to use them to the max. Get our monies worth, don't you think?

So on the first card I just used the stamp as the main image. I love these big doilies and how they take up a lot of space.

Delicate Doilies, Stampin' Up, In Colors

On the second card we created our own textured DSP using the Big Shot and Square Lattice embossing folder.

Delicate Doilies, Stampin' Up, In Colors

On the last card we created our own 3-D embellishment. We all know how expensive these are in the store, so we made our own. We used the Perfect Pennant die and Big Shot to create the cut out doilies.

Delicate Doilies, Stampin' Up, In Colors

Next month...preparing for Halloween with Tricks & TREATS. Our class will focus on treat packaging.


No comments:

Post a Comment