Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gently Falling Thank You Card

Today was our all staff meeting for the school district. It is electrifying to see and hear hundreds of teachers buzzing about the upcoming year. This day is humbling and exciting. It is amazing to me to see lots of people in the same place, with the same passion, and the same excitement for learning and children. I always cry (if only a few tears) at something that is said or presented. Today a quote popped up that made me shed a few tears... Some people only have five or six people in their life that truly remember them, but teachers have thousands who remember them and what they have done. It makes me feel so small in the big scheme of things.

I have some great teaching partners and they have been through thick and thin with me. One team member in particular has been through a lot with me and I wanted to show my appreciation for the shoulder to cry on, belly laughs, and talks that require a glass of wine. She is an inspiration and she keeps pushing me to do great things and be a great teacher every single day.

Gently Falling, Holiday Mini Catalog 2011

I made this card for her which features the new Gently Falling stamp set from the Holiday mini catalog. I am excited about this set because I love fall and leaves. Perfect-o! I also used Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Challenge 132 and the Color Throwdown 156.




3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quote and it's so true! Your card is just gorgeous, I love all the leaves and accents - just stunning! Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sentiment and a wonderful card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card for the upcoming fall season.

    ReplyDelete