Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Butterfly Baby Card

My cousin Crystal recently had her second child, a little girl named Brooklyn. I decided to send Crystal and her husband Rob a card congratulating them on their little bundle of joy. This was also the perfect opportunity for me to use a couple challenges to make the perfect card for them.

I used Color Throwdown's color challenge #152 from last week. This was the perfect backdrop for a cute baby girl card.

I then picked The Paper Player's simple layout challenge #57 to put all the pieces together.


If only they would pick out the stamp set for me and then I wouldn't really have to think at all. I did some embossing, sponging, and distressing to the background paper on the card. I am in love with vintagey things right now and this reminded me of old wallpaper. Next, I used the Top Note die and Big Shot to frame my image. That was the most difficult part. I finally settled on the stamp set Flight of the Butterflies. I used the small butterfly and stamped them off to the side, leaving some empty white space. I then punched out one big buttterfly for a little embellishment. I used some rhinestones to bling the butterflies out, cause every girl needs a little bling.


Goodies
(All supplies are Stampin' Up)

Paper: Rose Red, Whisper White, River Rock, Soft Suede
Ink: Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Soft Suede
Stamps: Flight of the Butterflies, Friendly Phrases

Accessories: Butterfly punch, Rose Red double stitched ribbon, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. This is really swet Amanda! I love how you used the sketch, a perfect baby card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet baby card, and I agree that the colors are wonderful! Thanks for using our sketch and playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those shades of pink! A perfect card to welcome a baby girl...great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture and the bling! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card, Amanda! Just perfect for a baby. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great congrats card! They'll love it! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week with your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Amanda ... I am sure the proud parents will adore it as much as their new little bundle!
    Thank you for joining in the fun with us this week at the Paper Players,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda, I just love all the pretty pinks you used together. Such a sweet card to welcome a little one! The bling is the perfect touch on the butterflies, too. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete