Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Washer Typography

I've been online a lot lately just getting inspiration. I love to paint with color. I like painting different rooms different colors. White walls can be boring and I like to spice it up a bit. My problem, which I've said before is that I don't like making decisions. It takes me a long time to be settled on what I want because I'm so wishy-washy. Therefore, we have painted walls, but nothing on them. I can't commit or want to spend the money on art work or decor. It's not that I don't want it... I'm cheap and I can't decide. So I needed (wanted) something inexpensive, yet fun for over our bed in the master bedroom. Our walls are a deep, rich chocolate color so these needed to be devoid of color, but still pop. While searching the net, I found a picture of someone who used washers and heavy strength glue to create a one-of-a-kind piece.


I just happened to make three pieces for myself and my hubby Nick. The best part is they fit over the exact sides we sleep on. Awwww!


It took forever to glue down all the washers...not to mention the toxic glue fumes. I still believe it was worth it and all for less than $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment