Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cupcakes for a Friend

My dear friend Kiley just had her 27th birthday on the 17th and I decided to make her some cupckes. In past posts I have mentioned someday wanted to own a cupcake shoppe. I don't think I'm the best cupcake chef every, but practice makes perfect right?


Kiley loves Amaretto & Coke when we go out so I tried a variation of that as a cupcake. I tried to make a chocolate and coke flavored cupcake (didn't really taste the coke, but it made it super moist) and amaretto buttercream. I loved the flavor of the frosting, but it didn't set right and it started to seperate. Boo!


 The second cupcake flavor I tried were Butterbeer since she and I have a desperate love for Harry Potter. These cupcakes incoporated butterscotch, cream soda, and butter flavoring. They were by far my favorite and the best cupcakes I've made so far. So exciting! Kiley loved the cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment