Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

It has seriously been raining in NE Wisconsin for almost a week. It is ridiculous. I thought summer was a time for sunshine, swimming, and getting a tan. Well as I was wrapping myself in a sweater the other day I decided to make some Banana Bread to warm me up. I love bananas, but I would prefer to eat them almost green to slightly overripe. When bananas get brown I stick them in the freezer until I have enough to make some delicious bread. This recipe was given to me by one of my best friends, Kristy, for my bridal shower almost 7ish years ago. It is still hands down the best Banana Bread I've ever had. Yummy in my Tummy!


Banana Bread
6 bananas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Set oven to 350 degrees. Mash the bananas using a fork. Add the sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix together. Add the flour and mix together making sure all ingredients are incorporated. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour mixture in. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Eat warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment