Friday, June 24, 2011

5 Things I Love (Week of 6.24.11)

With so many things to love out there I figured I would share some of mine. Hopefully I can do this every week, but we'll see...

#5: Fireflies
I know this seems like a weird thing to love. If you knew me at all, you would know that this choice in particular is very weird. I HATE bugs. I have some crazy irrational fear of bugs, but there is something about a glowing little bug at night that says summer has arrived. I always remember seeing them when visiting my great grandmother near St. Louis, MO when we were growing up, but never really had our share around here. When my hubby and I moved into our house a few years ago we noticed them at the beginning of the summer in a nearby field. I could sit and watch them all night!




#4: Someone Like You by Adele (21)
Let me first say that this woman has one of the most soulful voices I've ever heard. I love how deep it is, but so amazingly beautiful. This song is sad and wonderful at the same time. I want to cry just thinking about it, but we all need those songs we just want to cry to. Something about this song brings me back to my teenage years and unreciprocated love.


#3: Gulf Winds (paint by Behr)
Let me first say that I was less than thrilled to find out that I needed to move classrooms. I had one of the biggest rooms in the school and I was moving to one of the smallest. Not only that, but the walls in the new room looked like they had just been through WW3. That's middle school for you though. I decided that since the room needed to be cleaned up anyway that I would make it at least feel calm and fun at the same time. I chose the color Gulf Winds by Behr. It is an amazing shade of blue that I like to refer to as Zen Blue. I hope it can calm down a room of 7th graders this next year.



#2: Housewives of Orange County, Housewives of New Jersey, Housewives of Atlanta & Housewives of New York
I am a reality tv junkie. It's bad, I know. Everyone has a vice and Housewives on Bravo are mine. I love and hate watching these shows because they are the meanest people on the planet to each other, but then they try to act as if they as really friends. Such crap, but entertaining and so I...can't...stop...watching!





#1: Farmer's Markets
Our local farmer's markets have just begun and I just love them. We have our own garden started too, but I love walking the street and seeing all the yummy fruit and veggies, craft booths, and people we know. Our local farmer's market actually got bigger this year so it's even more to love.

Anything you love this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment