Friday, June 24, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch 122

This is the first sketch challenge that I've done in a very long time. When I saw the sketch on The Sweetest Thing blog, I let it roll around in my brain for a couple days before making anything.


I used the new lace ribbon border from Stampin' Up to create the background. I am so into vintagey things right now and I like that it gave the impression of an old hankie or doilie. Using the lace border over a bright color actually came to me in a dream...yes, I know it sounds silly.



Goodies:
(All Stampin' Up products)
Stamps: Perfect Words
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Night of Navy
Accessories: Lace Ribbon Border, Linen Thread, Springtime Vintage Big Designer Button, Perfect Pennants die, Big Shot, Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch

I'm in love with white and navy right now and I love the pop of yellow. It's bright and fun, yet a bit sophisticated!

1 comment:

  1. Great colour combo you have used, I love what you have done with this sketch :-)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete