Monday, July 23, 2012

Fun Folds Class

One of our monthly classes this year was devoted to different types of folds. Although I like traditional folded cards as much as the next person, it is fun to explore the possibilities of folding cards in different ways. Here are the three cards we made.

The first was called a Stair Step Fold. This type of card really required a scoring device like Scor-Pal or Simply Scoring. I used the You're My Type stamp set from the Occassions mini catalog. I love the look of the old typewriter.



The second card was a Joy Fold card. I used one of my favorite sets, Trendy Trees, to create the background. I was very sad when that set retired.


Fun Folds, Folding Techniques



The third card was a Double Z-fold card which also required a scoring device. I think this is one of my favorite folds that we did. The only thing that is difficult it needing ribbon for it to stay colsed and secure. I used the Word Play stamp set here and a bit of DSP. I really like the look of this card and that it can be used for a man card.


I hope you enjoyed looking at our cards and it encourages you to try a different fold for your next card.

No comments:

Post a Comment