Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Back in Black Challenge

I just got a box from Stampin' Up that included some preview items from the new Holiday Mini catalog. I was so pumped that I just needed to do something with my new stuff. While the babes was sleeping (I'm sure there is a better way I should be spending his nap time) I went to the craft room and whipped up a card for the CAS-ual Friday Challenge CFC62 Back in  Black which requires you to make a card with a black card base. Ohhh...dark!

Okay, so I'm kind of obsessed with the Framelits sets from Stampin' Up and I decided to use several sizes of the Decorative Label framelits to create this card. I used gray as a backdrop and the black adds a bit of drama. It may be hard to see but I also embossed the black piece with a stripes embossing folder. Last but not least was the message in the middle. I used the new Gumball Green to add a bit of fun and a pop of color.


I actually made this card with my dad in mind, since his birthday is coming up in October.
Sorry about the picture quality. I took in right before the rain started.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome card! Love how you customized the sentiment on the framelit! And no, I can think of no better way to spend your time than stamping while the baby is sleeping! Glad you used your precious time to play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete