Sunday, October 16, 2011

No Orange for Halloween

I stumbled upon a really great blog a month or so ago called CAS-ual Fridays. Each Friday they post a challenge that needs to be incorporated into a clean and simple card. This weeks challenge was to create a Halloween inspired card WITHOUT using the color orange.


I automatically turned to Jack of All Trades, my new favorite fall/pumpkin set, to set the stage. I have been seeing pictures all over the internet of white and tan pumpkins, so I used Crumb Cake ink instead of orange. I used Lucky Limeade and Concord Crush for a pop of color. I added a bit of dazzle by including a small 1/2" strip of silver glimmer paper. Love that sparkle!



6 comments:

  1. Oh my this is stunning!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I love the colors you chose :)
    -Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I have seen lots of the white and tan pumpkins all over as well. I like the glimmer and the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! I love the neutral pumpkins and I don't even miss the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is simply wonderful...love the jack-o-lantern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Such a clever take on the challenge - amazing layout and design!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete