Friday, September 2, 2011

Turning 30: A Birthday Celebration

Yesterday, September 1st, was my birthday. It was a very special birthday indeed, because I turned 30! Some people feel weird about leaving their 20's behind, but I think that my 30's will be even better than my 20's were.

For the last two years, school has started on my birthday. It was a weird feeling to be up in front of a new sea of faces on such a special day, but I came to really enjoy it. It was very strange for me this year to not have that happen.

I spent lunch with my mom at an amazing Italian Bistro. I had meetings at school all day...most very stressful. I got nothing done and I am no closer to being ready for kids to start next week, but we will manage.

My husband bought me a new lens for my Cannon. I am so excited because I'll get to take way better (up-close and personal) pictures of kids for the yearbook. Not to mention I am excited to try this little baby out in Europe next summer.

I went to have a sushit dinner with my hubby, Nick. Then later we bought an ice cream cake (picked out by Nick) and took it to my sister's house to celebrate with the family. We shared cake with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephews. All in all it was a pretty great day. I love birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment